SSD Clone Hard drive

me7alftw

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Recently i cloned my Windows C:\ part of my hard drive to my ssd, but then something happened with the bios i that i couldn't open ( the setup ) and continued work / gaming normally. Now, today i decided to fix the bios ( it was some cables i forgot to connect to the motherboard ) and i wanted to ask, if i delete the copied part of my ssd & copied system boot, nothing will happen right ? I don't want the ( BOOTMSGR press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart ) to appear outta nowhere, so is it safe to format the clone part

EDIT FROM COMMENTS : Wait wait i didn't explain it because i was in a hurry
So i will try again. Recently i cloned my C:\ ( windows part ) to my new ssd + the system boot info also, so i have them 2 times.
Because my boot disk is C and my SSD is D: It won't be a problem to format the ssd with the windows clone right ? Since it's booting from C it won't be a problem ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I can't think of any cables that would prevent the BIOS from working... That should work with CPU, memory, and a keyboard and power to the motherboard.

Why do you need to delete anything?

If Bootmgr is popping up that means you are missing a system disk somewhere.

If you still have the original drive unmodified and run it as normal, everything should be fine. But then I am not sure what you are doing with the SSD.

me7alftw

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
Wait wait i didn't explain it because i was in a hurry
So i will try again. Recently i cloned my C:\ ( windows part ) to my new ssd + the system boot info also, so i have them 2 times.
Because my boot disk is C and my SSD is D: It won't be a problem to format the ssd with the windows clone right ? Since it's booting from C it won't be a problem ?

me7alftw

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015

Okay so the format went ok, nothing special happened but when i decided to format the system boot info CLONE not the REAL one, i got a message that "*Something* is still running, do you still want to run the format ?" And i checked in one program minitool partition wizard that i used to clone with, that i have the Reserved part CLONED and it's active, here's a picture for easy explain : http://scr.hu/7ent/or0uz

Is it still safe to delete it ?

if you tested it with the ssd disconnected and it booted ok then you can delete/format with no worries at all

i use macrium to clone--it can install a PE and that has a fantastic 1 click fix boot errors tool it has fixed boot issues that bootrec command prompts havent when i have deleted/formatted the wrong thing

me7alftw

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015

Or maybe since i am cloning now again, i can just keep it and only clone the C ( windows partitiong ) ?

TRENDING THREADS