Monitor displays No Signal Detected, Video Card and Motherboard apparently working

Kaldor123

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Hi I recently bought and installed a new CPU Cooler and after reassembling the Computer I get a No Signal Detected on my Monitor both when plugged into the Video Card and the Motherboard. I know that the Computer is booting to Windows due to the monitor working for around 2 seconds before displaying No Signal Detected again. I have tried taking the Video Card out but I get the same error. I have also tried it with a different VGA Converter but no luck. I am honestly out of ideas what should I do?
Specs:
Video Card: GTX 760
Monitor: BenQ G2200WT
CPU: I7 2600

Kaldor123

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

I forgot to mention in the OP but the monitor is working fine at least on my laptop

Kaldor123

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

If I disconnect and disassemble the Heatsink and try to boot should it work?

Darkseiders

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
I can't say for sure. It seems to me since you get a very short period of time where it works, coupled with the fact that the both the iGPU and the DGPU aren't working you have a CPU issue. I don't see a reason to dissasemble the heatsink, just reattach it and remember the CPU fan cable. other than that there is no way to be certain that it will work. Did you replace the thermal compound as well as replacing the heatsink?

Kaldor123

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

Yes the Thermal Compound was replaced. I will try the Heatsink now and see if it works

afiq_jiyong

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016

so, does it work? I also have the same problem.

Kaldor123

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

The heatsink was improperly attached on the underside of the motherboard and once I had fixed and tightened all the screws on the bottom I was able to get the monitor working correctly