Correct Wired Speed(up/down) vs Extremely Slow Wireless Speed(download only)

cquilte

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
I recently upgraded my Comcast internet from 50mpbs to 150mpbs. I have a Netgear N450 modem/router combo. With my previous 50mbps internet I was getting the same 65mbps down/6mbps up both wired and wirelessly on all my devices. Since upgrading to the 150mpbs internet I get the correct wired speeds of around 175mbps down/12mpbs up, but wirelessly I am only getting around 25mbps down/12mpbs up. Here is what I've tried so far:
-Disabled WMM(speed was only around 5mbps with this on)
-Hard reset the modem two seperate ways, using the reset button and then holding the WiFi and WPS buttons at the same time. Both methods resulted in the router restarting, but when it booted back up all my settings were still the same. It retained all my wireless SSID and passcode so I'm not sure what it's doing when I reset it.
-Checked that the router had the most up-to-date firmware.
-Disabled all security, but that made no difference.
-Called Comcast who told me to call Netgear. Netgear support was a joke, they wanted me to pay the price of a new router just to help me troubleshoot my current router.
-Borrowed a TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 router which I tested using my Netgear N450 as just a cable modem. On my iphone and laptop I was able to get 176mbps down/12mbps up over the 5Ghz network and 94mbps down/12mbps up on the 2.4Ghz network. However on my desktop computer I was capping out at about 50mbps down/12mbps up. It only picks up the 2.4Ghz network.

I'm hoping someone has had this issue before and knows how to fix it, or can at least have me try another fix before I go out and purchase a new router. Thank you.

cquilte

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

Are you referring to the wireless adapters in each device I've tested?