my internet cuts on and off everyday day the tests I run for this says to restore network protocol to default settings. How do

Terry Collins

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Internet connection lost many times a day. I am using cable internet at 14.99 a month. I was playing games and watching netflex for about 4 months everything worked. All the while getting letters asking me to upgrade every month. But why do that I thought. Now I am wondering if this is the cable company way of getting me to upgrade. As my topic header asks how do I restore my network protocol to their default settings?

Solution
Who is your cable company/ISP provider? Are you using wired or wireless? Is just one computer/device affected or everthing on your network?

Would not expect such a tactic to force upgrades. Especially as disconecting your service would sort of be a breach of contract or blackmail even. There would be quite a backlash if such behavior was being used.

First more must be learned about the problem.

Two sources of information: 1) look at your router's logs, 2) look at the Event Viewer logs on your computer - networking section.

What you need to find, if any, are errors and/or warnings that occur just before or after the internet cuts off.

Most likely you should just reinstall the drivers for your network adapter. Download the...

Ralston18

Titan
Who is your cable company/ISP provider? Are you using wired or wireless? Is just one computer/device affected or everthing on your network?

Would not expect such a tactic to force upgrades. Especially as disconecting your service would sort of be a breach of contract or blackmail even. There would be quite a backlash if such behavior was being used.

First more must be learned about the problem.

Two sources of information: 1) look at your router's logs, 2) look at the Event Viewer logs on your computer - networking section.

What you need to find, if any, are errors and/or warnings that occur just before or after the internet cuts off.

Most likely you should just reinstall the drivers for your network adapter. Download the appropriate driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and configure for your network.

Solution