Minecraft Timing Out - Windows/Java 64 bit

ExodusGlint

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Literally what the title says, I built my girlfriend a new system recently and for some reason, even with everything updated... Minecraft (any server) keeps timing out.

And no, it's not the security. I've already checked that.

All drivers are up to date, as well as Java and Windows itself.

Time outs randomly occur, if anyone has any suggestions... Be great ASAP!

Cheers,

Kieran.

Ps:
Desktop PC
PCIE Wireless Card - D-Link 1200 Dual Band Adapter

Solution
I solved this problem actually, though thanks for your response!

Basically because Windows was installed from the base Windows 10 files and not 7 or 8, it lacked a load of files (drives, or other files) for support to other hardware.

So, my theory was to test this by installing Windows 7 then using the Windows 10 disc to install as an UPGRADE, not a fresh install.

Now, after installing Windows 7 and downloading everything that I had on Win 10... I tested out Minecraft and other various applications to found that my theory may work (There were not time outs).

So of course, I upgraded and sure enough... There hasn't been a problem to this day :)

Notice to everyone else: Don't install strait Windows 10, best to just get a keyless...

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the device you're using to connect to the www? Here's the support page for your device off which this article states the maximum driver support is with Windows 8.1 thus it'd be best if you installed your wireless adapter's drivers while in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 8[from drop down menu]

Would also help us to learn your full systems specs. If you aren't using your Ethernet port, best you disable it in BIOS.

ExodusGlint

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
I solved this problem actually, though thanks for your response!

Basically because Windows was installed from the base Windows 10 files and not 7 or 8, it lacked a load of files (drives, or other files) for support to other hardware.

So, my theory was to test this by installing Windows 7 then using the Windows 10 disc to install as an UPGRADE, not a fresh install.

Now, after installing Windows 7 and downloading everything that I had on Win 10... I tested out Minecraft and other various applications to found that my theory may work (There were not time outs).

So of course, I upgraded and sure enough... There hasn't been a problem to this day :)

Notice to everyone else: Don't install strait Windows 10, best to just get a keyless Win 7 and upgrade.

Solution