Video/Audio stuttering on both Web and Apps

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
This problem started a few days back
It starts randomly, might be related to opening Waterfox

Audio and video start stuttering and everything gets sluggish, this happens on both vlc, bsplayer and youtube.

It doesn't stop after closing all apps, and it gets worse over time.
Running windows 10, gtx 980 driver 362.00, i7 4790k, 8gb ram, samsung evo ssd

Solution
Well, if uTorrent is causing abnormal disk usage, and closing it returns your disk activity to normal levels, I would start by suspecting uTorrent. Quite frankly, you could have infected yourself with something you downloaded through your torrenting client, or your torrenting client itself could have something malicious in it. Either way, it seems you found your issue yourself. The solution should be pretty straightforward.

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

its around 13 when idle, 22-28 when running video, 35ish when browsing while watching video
jumped to around 65 for a second when opening browser

this happens on chrome as well

alonmach

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
it seems to be disk related
disk activity is at 100%, after closing utorrent computer returns to normal and disk activity goes down
what could be causing this? it started out of nowhere

Well, if uTorrent is causing abnormal disk usage, and closing it returns your disk activity to normal levels, I would start by suspecting uTorrent. Quite frankly, you could have infected yourself with something you downloaded through your torrenting client, or your torrenting client itself could have something malicious in it. Either way, it seems you found your issue yourself. The solution should be pretty straightforward.

Solution