New PC build help :)

Designerluke

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
Hello guys,

So I just built my new PC and installed windows 10 but now I cannot connect to the internet to download the drivers.

Its saying i need a network controller.

Should I download the drivers for LAN onto USB from my other PC and install on new PC?

Solution
Hi DesignerLuke,

I prefer your soultion to that of Mxhawthy, that way you get the latest drivers and not ones which are potentially outdated.

Mxhawthy

Distinguished
Hi,

Before you do anything else when you turn a new PC on for the first time, you need to insert the disc that came with your motherboard and install those drivers from that. That will contain a driver for your LAN controller, and after you install those drivers, you will be able to connect to the internet :)

Hope this helped - let me know how you get on.

Mxhawthy

Distinguished

Well it's a real shame that you disagree with me, but the easiest thing to do, by far, is to install the motherboard drivers that come on the disc (just to make everything somewhat functional) and then go online and download all of the latest drivers from the manufacturers websites. Its much easier to put a disc in, download the network driver, and then go online. Instead of using a different PC, going to the website, inserting a USB, downloading the network driver to the USB, then moving BACK to the first PC, inserting the USB, and installing the network driver from that.

But if you think that is easier, then that's fine.