Windows 10 startup slowdown

AnonyJezz

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Hello,

So I recently noticed my pc takes way longer to boot then normal. It usually takes about 2 seconds to go from login screen to desktop but all of a sudden it takes like 30 seconds. I didn't do anything with my pc and didn't install any strange programs. I turned off all the unnescesary things during startup in the taskmanager and a virusscan on AVG pro. No virusses.
My specs are:
Intel Core i5 6500
8GB ddr4 crucial ballistix 2400 mhz
Asus h170 pro gaming
Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB ssd
WD Caviar Blue 1TB
MSI GTX 970 4GD5T

What is causing the slow bootup time?

Greetings.

Solution
You can right click on Start, select Event Viewer, expand Application and Services logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Performance and click Operational and usually windows will list programs that cause Windows to take longer to boot/shutdown

simmons33

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
You can right click on Start, select Event Viewer, expand Application and Services logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Performance and click Operational and usually windows will list programs that cause Windows to take longer to boot/shutdown

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try unplugging all your peripherals and see if it boots faster without them. If it does, connect them one at a time until you can see which one is the problem. Starting with the mouse as its hard to drive windows without it, not impossible, but harder,

TRENDING THREADS