Random black screens while gaming or browsing

ibixix

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
Hello,
I’m experiencing black screens on my 2 months old PC. It occurs while gaming or just browsing on internet. It seems random when that black screen happen. I can hear sounds for a couple of seconds and I can’t see cursor.
Temperatures seems good. GPU doesn’t exceed 69 °C. I also have 5 case fans.

What I tried:
Underclock GPU (from 1010 MHz to 910MHz)
Windows Memory Diagnostic
Uninstall GPU drivers with DDU and reinstall new (16.3.1)
Uncheck Windows Fast Start
+I'm planning to borrow my friends GPU to test if is my GPU faulty

Specs:
AMD FX8300 (stock clocks) + Gelid Tranquillo rev.3
R9 380 4Gb
Asus M5A97 R2.0
Kingston 8GB KIT DDR3 1866MHz CL10 HyperX Fury Black Series
EVGA 600B
1TB WD Blue HDD
Windows 10 Education

After days of trying to figure out I still don’t know what It’s caused by. At this point I’m thinking if I should try to reinstall Win 10, install Win 8.1 or just buy new PSU (or maybe GPU?).

I would appreciate any help.

Solution
I'd connect your friend's GPU and check. Also could be because of outdated bios of motherboard and/or a bad PCI-e slot, or maybe because of bad video cable.

ibixix

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016

Thanks for your respond. I got latest bios version 2603. First I will try new VGA cable (to my LG Flatron E2240S) and than test second PCI-e slot. If that doesn't help I'll try friends GPU. Testing takes some time, because these black screens are pretty random.

ibixix

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
So I tried to lower display resulotion from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 and there was no black screen for 3 days. So where could be the problem? I'm thinking about downgrade to Windows 8.1. Also I can hear loud buzzing from my PC, but I don't think it's connected with black screens.(I'll probably start another topic for that problem)

SPgamer007

Honorable
Can you check your GPU in your friend's system at 1080p resolution? Loud buzzing noise could be because of dusts, if you haven't done any cleaning in the PC since a while, you should do so

It could a failing PSU too ,since at 1080p GPU uses a little more power putting more load on PSU.It's quite rare,yet possible.

TRENDING THREADS