Question about installing Windows 10 and BIOS

cake_1

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
Hi I bought a PC in 2014 from the UK manufacturer Chillblast. The specs of the PC are as follows:
Zalman Z11 High Performance Gaming Case
Intel Core i5 4690K Processor overclocked to up to 4.3GHz
Akasa Venom Voodoo CPU Cooler
Asus Z97-K Motherboard
MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card
24GB DDR3 Memory
Samsung Blu Ray / DVD-RW Combi Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
st2000dm001 HDD
750watt Corsair CX750 PSU
Onboard High Definition Audio
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

A week ago I installed Windows 10 via the free download Microsoft were offering, I didn't like it and used the feature that allowed you to downgrade within 30 days of the windows 10 installation.
After it had finished the downgrade Windows wouldn't boot and gave me a bluescreen.

After booting in safe mode I was given a code in a pop up for the blue screen that said the bccode was 1000007e.

Theres also a driver problem for something called the AMDA00 interface which I can't seem to fix, when I try and update drivers it says it already has the most recent drivers. But when i use the 'find and fix problems with this device' utility it says the driver for AMDA00 interface needs to be reinstalled.

I was considering reinstalling Windows 7 but I can't find my disk anywhere, so I've just decided to go back to Windows 10 through buying the retail USB version and installing that.
This is the one I'm considering purchasing but I had some questions beforehand.
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/microsoft-windows-10-home-32-bit-64-bit-english-usb-pendrive-1-license-s-retail

Question 1. Earlier I booted up and went into the BIOS, i had a 7.5GB USB stuck in. In the BIOS for some reason it recognised the USB as being 4MB :/. When I booted into safe mode and went to 'computer' it recognises it as 7.5GB and refers to it as a removable disk. My question is, that if in the BIOS it recognised this USB as 4mb could this effect the W10 USB install?

Question 2. If Windows reinstallation deletes all drivers how will the PC work to reinstall windows? Does Windows come with drivers or do I need to get the discs for my components out? I can't find the driver disk for my GPU so how will i see stuff when im installing windows 10?

Question 3. When pressing f8 repeatedly upon boot it brings me to a selection screen where i can select which drive to boot from. I have the option of
p1: 250gb ssd
p2: 2tb hdd
p5: hl dt st bddvdrw
Enter Setup

Enter setup brings me to the BIOS, however in the BIOS P2: 2tb hdd is not there in the section you would pick the order in which devices are booted.

Only the 250gb ssd, 'hl dt st bddvdrw' and realtek boot agent are there. I was wondering what this means? In 'computer' my 2tb hdd is there and i can search through it just fine.

Question 4. Which USB port should i plug the W10 USB in and which ones should I plug mouse/keyboard in?
In startup repair my mouse and keyboard didn't work, it was only in startup repair and they work fine everywhere else. Will a normal usb keyboard/mouse be fine or do i need ps/2 port ones?

Question 5. Do i have to mess around in the bios before installation? I know I need to set it to boot from the W10 USB but is there anything else i should do?

Thank you for any responses and I may have more questions once I can remember them :)

Solution
AMDA00 interface seems to be to do with asus ai suite--possibly usb 3.0 boost

only driver you really need is internet one

windows will either have the gpu driver or will just use a generic one

cake_1

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
OK change of plans.
I found my windows 7 disk. However I've never installed windows before and ive encountered an error.

I apparently have three partitions.
1 = disk 0 partition system reserved
2 = disk 0 partition 2
3 = disk 1 partition 1

It says that i cannot write to any of them because the selected disk has an MBR partition table and on EFI systems windows can only he installed to GPT disks.

What do i do? :(
Do i need to delete the partitions?