How can I protect myself while using my laptop under DMZ?

TravisInBeta

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I have been trying for months to open my nat on Call of Duty pc. I have opened all the ports but they just wont open. So I am thinking of resorting to DMZ. I know the dangers of putting my laptop on DMZ but its my last resort. Ive visited every forum under the sun and now I just want to know how I can protect myself as best as I can.

Enable firewall, and then configure the filewall for CoD - that is, back on square one.
You're doing something wrong with your port-forwarding. Setup a simple HTTP server on your laptop (url=http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=dl]this one[/url] does need installing), port-fowrard port 80 on your router, and ask a friend to access it (or use your smartphone' cellular connection). That way you will know whether you setup port-forwarding correctly.

TravisInBeta

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

Yep the server is working. I did the exact same thing for the CoD ports and Steam ports but my NAT is still strict. Would u know any other solutions. I should also mention the ports for COD also do not work when I forward them to my Xbox One.