Hard Drive problem (?)

Motsickers

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Hello everyone, i have a problem with my Computer.
Basically days ago i bought a DJ Console from a friend, that console had a CD with Drivers to install on my PC (Obv), so i installed them with Virtual Dj and yeah it worked for some days, then i installed Virtual DJ 8 (the version from the disk was the 7th) and after unistalling it i've got a problem in the 7th and i reinstalled it, but when unistalling it i've selected ''Custom Unistall'' and i deleted all the things that were created from that installer.
Then after trying to reinstall it a problem appeared... it was ''you don't have enough space on E:''
But the problem is that i don't even have a E: hard disk, my main hard disk is C:\ , i went into the settings and i tried to change the default location where files will be saved and it didn't worked.
this morning (it's morning in my country now hahhha) i've installed Windows 10 (i had windows 7) it went all fine and i did it with the installation of virtual dj but that problem in some not important actions i do like downloading or upgrading a program still appear and i think the registry has something to do with it.
Someone please help me and sorry for my bad english. :D

Solution
so the problem is your files all save to a hdd you don't have, did you try opening file explorer (Win + E key) and right clicking say your Downloads folder, select properties from list & the location tab. What happens if you try to move the location to your c. I would suggest not trying to move contents, it may cause pc to hang

You can also right click This PC on the desktop and select Manage
then click Disk Management from under storage in the left column of the screen that pops up
How many hard drives appear? Are they split into segments? or just one big square?

Colif

Win 11 Master
so the problem is your files all save to a hdd you don't have, did you try opening file explorer (Win + E key) and right clicking say your Downloads folder, select properties from list & the location tab. What happens if you try to move the location to your c. I would suggest not trying to move contents, it may cause pc to hang

You can also right click This PC on the desktop and select Manage
then click Disk Management from under storage in the left column of the screen that pops up
How many hard drives appear? Are they split into segments? or just one big square?

Solution

Motsickers

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

So there are 3 hard drives split, they are all 3 in a list, the first one doesn't have a name, the second one is (C:) and the third one is ''Reserved for the system''

Colif

Win 11 Master

Motsickers

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

Wow, so apparently going to file explorer and clicking on download as you said then properties and then location it said that the locations is ''E:\Download''. I clicked on Photos,Music and all of them had that problem. Now i restored it to C:\My user name\Downloads and i hope it works. I'm also running a ''sfc /scannow'' to solve the issues, i hope it will work :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't get why windows even has two ways of setting the default locations for libraries, the way you just tried works much better than the settings/system/storage screens as you can set individual folders much easier using file exploder. I can only assume its a work in progress still.

Motsickers

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

Yeah the Dj software had C:\User\Documents (or i don't remember it right) selected, in windows 7 it didn't wanted to install at all but this morning after installing windows 10 the dj software finally installed

Colif

Win 11 Master
The first thing i do on a new install is redirect the libraries away from C drive using that method i showed you, as i only have 200 gb space on C but much more on my other drive. I especially move the Onedrive folder is it uses too much space otherwise, its actually on my E drive so that program on my pc would work fine.

You might want a restart to make sure changes saved to profile. good luck :)

Motsickers

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

ahhha the problem is i don't have another Hard Disk but still thanks for helping me, it now works no problem :)
Thankss