My USB components disconnect and won't work again until after restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuneeX

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
Recently, my pc's been acting up. Or maybe it is my usb slots, I'm not sure. But sometimes, my plugged in USB units, stop working. They all just disconnect, and I have to restart my computer for them to work. It has happened 4 times so far. I thought it was my computers fault, so I did a complete reset, but nothing has changed. The problem still persists. Is it my USB ports that are not working or something else entirely?

Solution
Try only plugging in one device that does not draw alot of power and see how long that lasts. Plug another in and check it, repeat until you shut down again. remove the last and do the math. Do you have access to a powered USB bank? You can get one cheap on ebay. They have a separate power supply. You may be overloading the usb on the computer.

charliewhiskey

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
Try only plugging in one device that does not draw alot of power and see how long that lasts. Plug another in and check it, repeat until you shut down again. remove the last and do the math. Do you have access to a powered USB bank? You can get one cheap on ebay. They have a separate power supply. You may be overloading the usb on the computer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.