Recommend GPU, PSU, water cooler, and case for my new PC custom build.

cglegion

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015
Hi, I'm planning to custom build a new PC. Here are some of the parts that I'm going to buy soon maybe next month, April.

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard: Asus Z170K or Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
Memory: Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 8GB 3000MHz or Corsair Dominator® Platinum DDR4 8GB 3200Mhz
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 950 Pro M.2 256GB or Kingston M.2 SATA SM2280S3G2/240G
Optical Drive: Asus Blu-ray Writer BW-12B1ST

For now, the GPU is optional. I will be using the built-in Intel Graphics HD 530 temporarily until I'm able to buy a new GPU on my second stage of investment.

Can you recommend which GPU, PSU, water cooler, and case to fit my new build? I don't really play high-end games, but I hope it can support minimum 1080p (though 4K support is highly appreciated) GTA5, Battlefield 4 Hardline, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Tom Clancy's The Division. Fallout 4, FarCry 4, and Dota 2. I build this just for my own satisfaction, if possible high-end machine that works great. My budget is quite a concern but that can be arranged in multiple stages (will upgrade slowly). I'm a heavy user of all Adobe Creative Cloud suites including video and movie editing. I'm also a web developer, front/backend programmer, and designer. I do a little Android and iOS apps development. I wish to leave my PC turned on 24/7 maybe 5 days a week without turning it off for a few hours and turning it back on again.

For the PSU, I need a modular one and enough power for my GPU next time. I don't have plan to do SLI/CrossFire but why not (will do so if I have enough cash in the future).

I want a water cooler that has plenty of space between the motherboard and radiator and not cramped in. Hence, I need an ATX or bigger case with a side window panel. I also want to control whatever LED colors according to my personal preferences within the CPU.

What do you think? Please help me out here. For your information, I have USD$1,000-1,300 budget for my first round. Thanks!

ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
600-650Watts for a PSU should be enough. 80Plus certified ones are the most reliable. GPU depends on the resolution you want to use. I think a GTX 970 would be enough but peoble who want to go for 4k tend to go towards a GTX 980. For a water cooler, Corsair makes good ones that shouldn't take that much space.