New Desktop After Update, And Back To Normal Again But a Folder Disappeared

Thasausbaus

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
HELP PLEASE!

So today when I booted up my pc it after opening, wanted to restart so I let it restart but now it took a very long time.

At some point it looked just like when I upgraded from 7 to 10 with the blue background and messages on it and when those were finished, my background was the default one again and most of my icons were gone. When opening Chrome I realized the it had logged out of everywhere and didn't auto-finish my searches to my most used ones which it usually does. So to get 1 folder back which wasn't on the desktop anymore so I searched from C:\Users\[name]\Desktop and found it there but it wasn't on my actual desktop so I moved it from the folder to my desktop but it like disappeared from the folder it was in and moved to the desktop

Then I realized something was wrong and restarted my PC, then it was back to normal again but the folder I had moved to the weird new desktop had disappeared and I can't find it anywhere anymore. Searched all the "Users" folders but didn't find it anywhere.

Please help :D

Solution
It's an ill advice to move pretty much anything Windows 10 related onto any other location outside of where it's located. I'd suggest you try and perform a repair install and see if that resolves the issue with your desktop space. In teh meantime please make sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers are up to date. On a side note, you did state Windows 7 in your post, is this installation of Windows 10 based off the free upgrade path? Have you tried reinstallating your new OS following this guide?

Speaking of platform, can you please pass on your full system's specs?

Lutfij

Titan
It's an ill advice to move pretty much anything Windows 10 related onto any other location outside of where it's located. I'd suggest you try and perform a repair install and see if that resolves the issue with your desktop space. In teh meantime please make sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers are up to date. On a side note, you did state Windows 7 in your post, is this installation of Windows 10 based off the free upgrade path? Have you tried reinstallating your new OS following this guide?

Speaking of platform, can you please pass on your full system's specs?

Solution