White background when loading context menus

eagors93

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Hello,
I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that sometmes when I click with the right button on desktop or somewhere else, a white background appears for a split second before the menu loads. It actually happens frequently.

I recorded the problem. Watch in 0.25x or 0.5x playback to see it clearly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTU3_1uNyFA

Sometimes it loads just fine, sometimes not.

My graphics card is GeForce GTX 650 Ti. I've tried to reinstall drivers, but it didn't solve the problem.

Anyone has a solution? Thank you in advance.

Solution
I solved it by moving to a new user account in Windows 10. No more weird white background. It also solved another problem I've been having with Windows Snap not working.

Haven't come across any other solutions.

eagors93

Reputable
May 17, 2015

I only have 60Hz option available and that seems to be my monitor's actual refresh rate.

Specs:
AsRock H81 Pro BTC
Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4,5GHz
8GB RAM Geil 1600MHz
MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB
HDD Toshiba 1TB DT01ACA100
CHIEFTEC GPA-400S8 400W ATX
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 2233

Colif

Win 11 Master
You know, that monitor is 7 years old. It could just be getting old. That actually looks like the model I replaced in December... its still here somewhere

There was the 2233BW, 2233RZ & 2233SW, RZ was the good one, had 3ms refresh rate and ran at 120 hz, the SW had 5ms. and the BW had a 2ms refresh time and runs at 60

If it works perfectly fine for you otherwise, just put it down to old age., Otherwise replace it as I know my current Samsung doesn't do that... I did try.

eagors93

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Actually no, I wouldn't blame the monitor. I also have a Samsung TV connected via HDMI and the problem is present there also.

It must be because of the Windows 10 upgrade, because I noticed it soon after that. If it was anything else, I would have noticed back when my PC was running under Windows 8.1.

Yes, it works perfectly fine and it itsn't that much of a problem, but still it bugs me.

eagors93

Reputable
May 17, 2015
I solved it by moving to a new user account in Windows 10. No more weird white background. It also solved another problem I've been having with Windows Snap not working.

Haven't come across any other solutions.

Solution