PC Freezes with loud buzzing noise

G

So over the past 5 months, I still haven't found a solution to my freezes, i've been trying a lot of things and waiting for someone to have a fix for my issue. Nothing has been able to solve it. So my PC only freezes when i'm playing games, it was usually only on demanding games like GTA V but now it's freezeing on games such as TF2. The PC just freezes with a loud buzzing noise, no BSODs. Some times when it happens, my keyboard and mouse shut off too. I'm not too sure if it's hardware or software related. I built this PC with realatively new parts, (Skylake) and my previous OS was Win.7 and recently upgraded to Win. 10 for free a month ago. Just so no one repeats past solutions, i've made a list of things i've done.

List of things i've tried that didn't fix it:
memtest86: Done (twice, 48/48 all 4 passes on both.)
Reinstall video drivers.
Reinstall usb drivers, sound drivers, everything all necessary drivers for my motherboard multiple times
Only use one audio controller
Virus checks, no viruses everytime.
Check temps (Gpu: 45-68 degrees celcius on demanding things
I don't overclock, so that's not a freezing factor
sfc/ scannow, no errors

I'm not sure what else to do, i'm clueless at this point. Any help is accepted. Thanks.

PC Specs:
i5 6600
ASUS Z170-A
Asus GTX 970
Corsair DDR4 16GB 2133
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Corsair 600m PSU (Now upgraded to a EVGA superNOVA GS 650)
Sandisk 240gb ssd
WD Blue 1tb
NZXT S340, good airflow along with 2 extra fans i've installed as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is a tier 4 power supply: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html , I would look at it for the buzzing noises, even if it were higher tier I would still look at power for buzzing noises (or speakers)

you have a good pc, putting a cheaper PSU in just creates problems, Power is one of the things I try to make sure is good and more op than I need now, cause you never know when you may upgrade, I have had cheap power supplies before, they like killing things.

The buzzing just means you had a instantaneous total system failure, with the audio codec repeating the last good data over and over again.

The first thing to do is test the system with one memory stick at a time (memtest is actually surprisingly bad at detecting memory failure) to make sure it's not a memory issue.

If no memory works, as colif said, your problem is likely the fact you're using a horrible PSU for high transient cards. Go get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438054&cm_re=evga_g2_650-_-17-438-054-_-Product

G

Yeah my mem stocks are fine I tested both sperately, I think it really is my PSU now. Would you recomend me to get a Corsair RM750? I saw it at Best Buy for around 70 bucks in store.

G

Are the RMi PSUs good to? I was looking around for the RMx 550w you suggested but I couldn't find one (on amazon, I only use amazon for buying PC components.) for a fair price. The RM650i is $110 and the rmx 550w was around $140.

G

Ok thanks for clarifying, i'm going to start gathering some money and get that PSU and see if I can finally be at peace with my computer. It's been a huge hassle and a headache because I enjoy everything about my PC other than that annoying issue. Thanks to all for the support.

As long as it wasn't a memory or driver issue this should fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master

Seems I went way OP since I have the 650w Seasonic G series. I guess i did customise my order when i made pc and chose a case that can't fit SLI even though rest of system can run it. It worked well, I originally only had a GTX 960 in pc, I didn't foresee that I would get a 4k monitor for Bday and suddenly need a new card just to run desktop fast enough to avoid errors from my monitor complaining GPU was too slow.

G

Ok, so I decided to buy the EVGA superNOVA 650 GS. Again, thanks to everyone for the help and hopefully my troubles will be gone.

G

Even with the new PSU it happened again.... i'm so mad right now.

G

Even with the new PSU it happened again.... i'm so mad right now.

G

Even with the new PSU it happened again.... i'm so mad right now, but not at you guys, just because it didn't fix it like I was hoping it would. I'm still going to keep this new PSU.

Trial and error is a thing with computers. So, trial, but error. The PSU did not work.

Download Prime 95 here http://windows-downloads-center.blogspot.com/2011/04/prime95-266.html and run the test.

See if it freezes during it. If it does, it's probably the motherboard. You could also try a clean OS install. If you are angry at me personally, vent it in a PM to me rather than here, if you plan to do so.

G

Nah it's alright, i'm going to keep it. It's WAY better than my old one.

G

No i'm not mad at you guys, i'm just mad it didn't work like i was hoping.

G

How long should I run prime95and which one should I do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
The way it was termed, i thought you blamed me... I would have a a little too. But its hard to be definite about any of this stuff, so many problems can be caused by things seemingly unrelated to the problem.

I generally blame everything on software but recently I have expanded my blame horizon after trying to fix a start up problem I had for a few months. Your psu seemed the obvious source of the problem and your memtests weren't getting any solutions.

G

Well while i'm playing games the cpu is at 45c and while running prime95 for about 20mins my cpu and mb temp stayed at 56c (cpu) and 57c(mb) so not too warm while doing these tests. Also, I just realized this but my PSU has this "eco" switch and it's switched on, perhaps I should turn that off?