Looking for a new 1440p or UHD monitor for gaming!

ssmana

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
hi i am looking to buy a monitor to be able to use 1440p or UHD. it is mostly for gaming purposes and i want something that gives the best picture i can get. any recommendations or advice or just thoughts in general about which one to get would be helpful. i do not know too much about monitors other than IPS panels are good for gaming because of there response times, and i want to utilize my system so i would prefere a 1440p monitor or maybe even a UHD. Also i have to buy at canada computers, so it needs to be in stock there. thank you guys for your time and help.

Solution
Sli 970's are similar in performance to a single 980Ti in games well optimised for sli but have the restriction of 3.5/4gb VRAM. 4k is generally considered to need sli 980Ti's in modern titles to get 45+ fps at high settings. 4k also benefits from the extra VRAM of the 980Ti. Sli 970's would make a great setup for 1440p

ssmana

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

hey, i use a i7-4790k 4.7 ghz 1.3 v and a asus strix geforce gtx 970 SLI. i play some games at 4k on my old monitor above 60 fps and everything else at 1440p, but i am considering replacing the monitor because it is old and it seems that lately a bunch of really nice ones are appearing on the market. that i am tempted to get if it really appeals to me. i would preferably like to spend 1000$ at most.
plus i am building a computer for my brother and i am considering giving him this monitor that i am using.

I see that some posts people make include there computer information, i put my computer specs on my profile settings, but people keep asking me my specs. How to you set it to appear under your posts?

Sli 970's are similar in performance to a single 980Ti in games well optimised for sli but have the restriction of 3.5/4gb VRAM. 4k is generally considered to need sli 980Ti's in modern titles to get 45+ fps at high settings. 4k also benefits from the extra VRAM of the 980Ti. Sli 970's would make a great setup for 1440p

Solution

ssmana

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

i understand this, i look at benchmarks, my logic behind a monitor also be able to use UHD is for a future upgrade. I would hate down the road buying more powerfull GPU and being restricted to use 1440p when i am able to play at 4k. Also my buddy at canada computer told me that they are releasing a new line of GPUs soon. and i may be tempted to grab some depending on the performance boost.