Random freezes/restart, also can't change my default(twinui) video/music app into vlc without the settings app crashing.

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
[strike]I can't change my default video/music player from twinui into vlc. Settings will crash if I try to do so.[/strike]

I'm also experiencing random freezes and crashesh during gaming/idle/youtube etc..

Geforce 750, i7 3770k, asrock z77 pro3, Corsair VS550, 80 PLUS White - ATX, 550 W, Windows 10 pro 64x, 8gb ddr3

I have ran memtest with no errors, no overheating, not sure about voltages because I don't know how they should behave in idle/gaming. I've only got the most recent drivers for my gpu. I have installed drivers from asrock and intel homepage for mobo/cpu. Is there any way for me to test my psu?`

Update: I've ran FurMark and Prime95 for an hour with no crash. I looked at the logs of Core Temp after the most recent crash and the temps look allright. Bios is up to date 2.10

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Ok thanks. The other issue fixed itself with a fresh windows install :). What psu would you recommend for my pc?
Around 80€ would probably be my max for a psu.
¨
I'm looking at Seasonic 620W S12II-620 ATX, 80 Plus Bronze

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am no expert on power, i think a low power tier 2 psu would be more than enough. I know you can get a Seasonic G Series at 550, for instance. Look around and see what prices you can get for any of the names on T2 list, I think they all good.

Bronze might be good enough, as I said, I really don't know. Depends how long you intend to use pc for as to how much you spend,

Power is one thing I don't save money on, I buy best I can as its better to waste money on a PSU than replacement parts killed by a cheap PSU

I can't offer prices as I am in Australia and you can probably easily beat what I can get...

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Sadly the issue still occurs. I installed the new psu about an hour ago and pc just restarted on it's own.

What's a good target temperature for my fans in bios settings?

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
There's no BSOD, sometimes it just turns off and on and sometimes it'll freeze with a short "buzzing" like sound and I have to hard boot. I'll download the app :)

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

The dump file settings are set to automatic memory dump and Dump file should be: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
Paging file is 1920MB

Colif

Win 11 Master
Guess you need another new PSU... sorry, i wish i hadn't suggested it. I had a bad run, telling people they need a new psu when its not the cause. At least we know its unlikely to be PSU now.

Its most likely a driver of some sort, just a matter of replacing them all. Not sure whats left to replace there though.

realtek audio drivers for win 8.1: http://www.realtek.cz/realtek-download.php?realtek=ALC892&system=8 (not sure if they newer than what you have)

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Okay I installed then and after 10 minutes crashed again but this time I lost my bookmark settings on chrome, also my shortcuts and those that I pinned to start disappeared.
Still no crash report

Oh and not sure if it makes a difference but when the pc freezes/crash it doesn't give me the option to enter bios, just straight up boots to windows

After uninstalling my gpu drivers pc froze and I had to restart and now it's back to normal. Installing drivers again

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not a lot left in pc to test really. I would suggest a reset of windows 10 but I wonder if it would bsod in middle.

its not psu, it may/may not be hdd (as it crashed in middle of test), its not ram, pc runs benchmarks easy but crashes when idle., it could still be a random driver we haven't thought of, but then no error logs so don't know. I don't do this for a living, helping people is just something I enjoy but the lack of knowing gets me sometimes.

Dorstamo

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I played cs for 20 minutes and crashed, then restarted and everytime I tried to load the game it crashed(once when starting the game and once when loading into a match). I then took the gpu away and played the rest of the match without it and didn't crash a single time. I'll try now again with the gpu.

Is there any way I could be sure if it's the gpu? Maybe it's just bad luck that it crashed with the gpu installed

TRENDING THREADS