Plasma TV Burn-In. HELP!!!

persnol

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
I have a 51 inch plasma tv from Samsung which I am worried has my pc taskbar burnt in. (Model No. PS51F4500). It came with the contrast level 100 and brightness level 100. I never bothered with that and have been using my pc on it since almost an year. Out of the 365 days of an year i played like 300ish days daily and the tv was maily used for the pc and rarely someone watched cable. Now I was switching to a monitor when I read about burn in and then I ran a burn in reducing test for 1.5 hours. 1 .25 hour at brightness and contrast 45 45 and the rest 25 min on brightness and contrass 90 90. The date from my taskbar still appears in the corner faintly when a bright white background is viewed. Now I have reduced the contrast and brightness to 45 45 and use my tv on that. So the question I wanted to ask is that should I be worried or will this go away? And if I run burn in reducing videos should they be at full brightness and contrast or half? Thanks.

Solution
The physical composition of the elements that produce light in a plasma TV deteriorate at different rates when subject to long term static images, just like in CRT type displays. The elements in the area you see burn in, are now unable to evenly match the areas around them when set to the same value due to this uneven deterioration. To correctly minimize burn in, you need to use an inverse of the image you want to minimize, but it's unlikely you can generate and run an inverse image for the same amount of time you had the Windows desktop showing on your plasma TV. There is no simple fix at this point.

In the future, if you plan to have long term static images on a screen that is susceptible to burn in, there is a program, JADS...
The physical composition of the elements that produce light in a plasma TV deteriorate at different rates when subject to long term static images, just like in CRT type displays. The elements in the area you see burn in, are now unable to evenly match the areas around them when set to the same value due to this uneven deterioration. To correctly minimize burn in, you need to use an inverse of the image you want to minimize, but it's unlikely you can generate and run an inverse image for the same amount of time you had the Windows desktop showing on your plasma TV. There is no simple fix at this point.

In the future, if you plan to have long term static images on a screen that is susceptible to burn in, there is a program, JADS JScreenFix deluxe, which has an anti burn in feature. It's used for institutions such as museums and banks, where burn in can be a problem for kiosks, etc., and has the ability to produce an inverse image to help minimize burn in after a day's use. I can't speak to the overall effectiveness of the product as I've never used it for this purpose, but the theory seems to make sense.

Solution