Computer/audio/video/mouse stutter lag

SirCobalt

Honorable
Mar 28, 2016
I have a Dell Inspiron 5558. It is a notebook.

Here are some of my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U @ 2.40Ghz
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Intel Broadwell-U
GPU: I have 2 of them (Intel HD Graphics 5500) & Nvideo Gefore 920M

sorry I don't know the rest of my specs

I began to receive my issues about 1 week ago.
My entire computer will basically stutter. When I move my mouse around it won't move fluidly but rather stutter. Same with the entire computer and this happens especially when I'm watching videos. The audio and video will both stutter and the audio will produce a robotic type of sound. It is the same with typing as their is a delay between me typing sentences and for it to show up on my screen. I HIGHLY doubt this has anything to do with my screen.
I tried running a full system scan using Bitdefender. I checked Windows update and updated whatever was there. I delted Adobe Flash player as I researched and some said it could interfer with Chrome's built-in flash player but that did not solve the problem. I looked at my Task manager when the computer would stutter and there would be spikes in the manager but they would probably increase by like 20%-30%. The thing is I don't know where it is coming from.

My computer will sometimes freeze in all and especially webpages. I have to wait like 10-20 seconds for it to resume.

Pls Help

- SirCobalt

Solution
Finally someone who has exactly the same problem as I do, I have two computers with this problem.

Comp#1
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16gb DDR3
GPU: AMD R9 290
MB: ASUS Maximus V Formula
1x 1080p screen
1x 1440p screen

Comp#2 is some core 2 duo crap from 2010 something.
1x 1440x900 screen

In common both has Windows 10 and Bitdefender.

But as OP said, the whole computer stutters, sound, mouse and graphics.
For me the problem occurs when playing 720p or higher youtube videos or watching a twitch stream.
Comp#2 started to get this at the same time as OP and Comp#1 started get those 1-2 weeks before OP.

I've litteraly no clue what's causing this problem, I rate myself good with computers in general, but seems not that many has this...

saratj1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
whats the monitors resolution? Sounds like gpu issues, but since its a laptop, and has a onboard and discrete gpu setup, It could be a little tricky finding whats going on. Id say first though go to control panel then programs and features and uninstall anything you know you don't need if your unsure just search the names, Im sure ad-ware is part of the problem. Then you need a way to monitor both gpu's performance real time when doing the things that cause the problems to see whats going on, and that should reveal an issue or eliminate the gpu's.
I like gpu-z no adware, free, easy to use, lots of info, just download from an official source.

SirCobalt

Honorable
Mar 28, 2016

Sorry for the late reply. I downloaded gpu-z and when the issues occur there are no visible spikes or anything odd when the stuttering occurs. It is only visible in the Task Manager graph but it doesn't show up in the processes or services. My resolution is 1366 x 768.

EDIT: Actually upon closer look, I noticed that the process "System and Compressed Memory" Would jump up from less than 1% to 20-40% when they stuttering would occur. Is there a chance this may cause this problem and how can I fix it?

Kokefa

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
Finally someone who has exactly the same problem as I do, I have two computers with this problem.

Comp#1
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
RAM: 16gb DDR3
GPU: AMD R9 290
MB: ASUS Maximus V Formula
1x 1080p screen
1x 1440p screen

Comp#2 is some core 2 duo crap from 2010 something.
1x 1440x900 screen

In common both has Windows 10 and Bitdefender.

But as OP said, the whole computer stutters, sound, mouse and graphics.
For me the problem occurs when playing 720p or higher youtube videos or watching a twitch stream.
Comp#2 started to get this at the same time as OP and Comp#1 started get those 1-2 weeks before OP.

I've litteraly no clue what's causing this problem, I rate myself good with computers in general, but seems not that many has this problem.

EDIT:

So I've found the problem, I saw we all had Bitdefender in common, it's been a sworn enemy for me but I've always fixed it, but yeah, finally today I removed that piece of crap antivir and I haven't gotten the problems since.

I suspect it's maybe the real-time protection that causes this problem, but since I have had so many problems with this before I can't be arsed anymore.

Solution

saratj1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Pretty sad that that piece of crap could have such an effect on such powerful builds, I run handbrake transcoding video in the background while web browsing frequently which stays near 100% cpu usage for extended periods with no ill effects on my i5 4430. Just read those boxes that are pre-checked when downloading and installing free software usually its an ok to install some less helpful stuff without you noticing and just clicking ok to hurry the install

TC_12345

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
Just stumbled accross this as i have been having same issues with my HP DV7 core i 8 gb RAM laptop since Windows 10. I also have Bitdefender 2016. Havnt tried uninstalling it yet to see if that is infact the problem but this has been bugging me for atleast 2 months so i am going to try that now :) If it is then it is a shame as Bitdefender is quite a good AV, will just have to get on to them to let them know.