Xbox 360 controller on windows 10

Abxolute

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I know this is weird but if i buy xbox wireless adapter for my wireless controller,and connect it to windows 10,can i play non xbox games?like steam games?

Solution
Yes, it will work just fine, as long as the game you want to play supports using a gamepad (most do, especially games that have been ported to/from consoles). Just make sure you get the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360, not Xbox one, as they are not compatible with each other.

mgolus

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Yes, it will work just fine, as long as the game you want to play supports using a gamepad (most do, especially games that have been ported to/from consoles). Just make sure you get the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360, not Xbox one, as they are not compatible with each other.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Thats what I do with the majority of games, I was a console gamer for most of my life so I still prefer the controller in most genres. Very few games dont have controller support except some older games and games where it would be near impossible to add controller support like ARMA or RTS games and for whatever reason the mass effect series ( i hate bioware for that) modders have added it in however. Like said above make sure you buy the legit microsoft stuff, knock off controllers and receivers sometimes wont work with the windows xbox controller driver.

TRENDING THREADS