Monitor won't recognize or switch between HDMI and DVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyyitsdale

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
A little over a year ago I bought the ASUS vg248qe. Used it as a single monitor so no need to hook any other devices to up to it. Always used a DVI cable for it to my desktop. Well now, when I try to hook up anything else to it I get a problem, when used in conjunction with the DVI. Unfortunately I don't have any Display Port cables laying around, so I can't test to see if it's just a DVI problem. Will try to do so soon and see if it clears up the issue by any chance.

Here's how the problem works:
DVI in first, feed from the source works. Trying to switch to HDMI from DVI, says there's no signal from HDMI.

HDMI in first, works. Able to switch over to DVI and recognize there's a signal, feed works. Unable to then switch back to HDMI.

Very confused on why this is happening, as it's never happened on another monitor I've owned. Help would be appreciated! D:
Link to monitor~ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&cm_re=asus_vg248qe-_-24-236-313-_-Product

heyyitsdale

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Currently I must disconnect the DVI cable from my desktop to switch over and have the monitor register a signal from an incoming HDMI source. I can however connect the DVI back in while on HDMI and have it switch without a problem. However I can't switch back over to HDMI from there. If this answers your question? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.