is this monitor worth it or is there a better alternative

cooldude22

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
hey guys, i recently did a post asking if my laptop can support the dell u2515h as a 1440p display. now while looking more into the display i ended up reading how the buttons of the monitor are an issue and they work when they want to. i was wondering if anyone that has experience with the monitor thinks is still a good purchase or if this one problem was a deal breaker. I'm looking for at least a 24-27 inch monitor 1440p that has USB inputs in the back so that i can plug my mouse and keyboard, and help my cable management, and that also has ergonomic features such as height adjustment and possibly a 90 degree tilt for programming and the u2515h fits the bill. If by any chance, the dell isnt worth the purchase, do you guys know of a good alternative monitor that fits the bill. thank you

cooldude22

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I plan on hooking it up to this laptop http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-2-in-1-13-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/4453800.p?id=1219749486261 and im gona use it for java programming, general school work, and a bit of gaming, such as WoW and certain games on my steam library that my laptop can run. the monitor looks amazing and im kinda sold on it, my issue is that i see complaints that the buttons to turn it on or change settings dont work very well and it takes multiple clicks for it to finally work. My worry is that since the buttons are not mechanical and kinda touch sensitive, that if the buttons really are a nuisance and still get it. that eventually it will wear out fast and leave me with a working monitor but no way to turn it on or change settings