Quad Monitor Setup. Please help

naybag

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hoping you boffins could help me out here as I'm struggling to find an answer on Google.

Basically at work I'm currently running a dual monitor setup and have a crappy GPU in there at the moment. I am looking to purchase a Sapphire AMD FirePro W4100 and I'm going to add two more monitors in a square formation. I need to know if I will need active mini display port > HDMI adapters or if I can just use passive ones.

The monitors I use aren't super, and only have HDMI DVI and VGA inputs, if they had DP then I'd be rolling with the daisy chain with a different GPU.

Any help or advice needed.

Thanks

G

I wouldn't recommend four monitors, personally I would go with three with them side by side.
fae5648e91e158d21d669d4b0f0d3232.jpg
But that's personal preference. You will need four Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapters if you choose to use four monitors. I hate Eyefinity and all that active/passive shit. Maybe someone else can answer you on what cable/adapters to get, but man, I don't understand it.

naybag

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I have used a triple monitor set up before on a home system and also played with eyefinity, but at work desk space is an issue and I wouldn't be able to mount them side by side as shown in your picture. Currently I have 4 x 24" iiyama 1920 x 1080p monitors available and they take up quite a bit of space.

If I could I'd have 6 monitors (which I can't due to 3 wide desk space issues) because I literally need the screen space. I manage sales for an online retail company and at any one time I could have 4-5 spreadsheets open 10 + chrome tabs, onedrive / dropbox, email software, the list goes on.

Alt tabbing is the bane of my life and not being able to see all my data at once is frustrating.

Thanks for your suggestion though.