"Check Signal cable" When using display port to HDMI Cable from pc to Monitor

Jamie_27

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
My work Desktop only has a DVI socket and a DP socket. So for the Second monitor (which only has HDMI & VGA) I needed a DP to HDMI cable.

Unfortunately the monitor only displays "check Signal cable" when using the DP to HDMI cable.

The second monitor is a LG tv. Any ideas?

Jamie_27

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

The main display is hooked up through the DVI port and the secondary screen is hooked up up from display port (PC) to hdmi port (secondary monitor).

Jamie_27

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

I have just tried what you asked and the monitor doesn't display anything when I unplug the primary display.
I know the cable works because I tried it on my colleagues monitor and it worked fine. My PC also recognizes the second monitor as being there, just the display being the problem.

Jamie_27

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

Yeah, I can see that the PC recognizes the second monitor as being there as if it were completely fine.

Jamie_27

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

Update I have tried the second monitor with a straight HDMI connection to another laptop and it worked. I can't help but think that the monitor is looking for an audio connection from the DP to HDMI Cable and not finding one, therefore thinks the cable is faulty and won't display anything with a faulty cable.