DVI-D to VGA CONVERTER problems, please help!

Throupy

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Hi,

I'm having throuble here, i've jsut bought myself a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950 Graphics card, it has one DVI-D and one DVI-I Port, I bought a DVI-I adapter and it works fine, however the DVI-D that's a different story. Please don't tell me "oh you need a converter not an adapter, i've got a converter that looks like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camac-Source-Monitor-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00MCES67Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1459533413&sr=1-1&keywords=DVI-D+to+vga+converter) So I plugged it in expecting to have some dual monitor action, btw my monitors are: 1 Acer V223HQZ and 1 Generic NonPnP monitor (I'm unsure if that's the right name, but it came with my dell ispirion pc) And whichever monitor is plugged into the DVI-I port works fine, therefor i know it's not my monitors, but when i plug one of the monitors into the DVI-D to VGA converter doesen't work!!! So frustrating!!!

************ALSO!! I forgot to mention, when i load my acer monitor up, for about 3 seconds after displaying the "acer" loading screen, it comes up with a message "No Signal" then goes into sleep mode***********

Please respond ASAP

Thanks, Throupy.

Throupy

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the reply ex_bubblehead, unfortunately i don't have another dvi port of the required type in my house, however this morning when i plugged the converter in and booted up my pc, the monitor displayed the dell loading screen for about 15 seconds before turning black, so the converter DOES work, maybe there's someting in my PC blocking it functioning?

Thanks, Throupy

Throupy

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

The monitor is NOT detected by windows

What do you mean enabled in windows?

Throupy

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

what do you mean enabled by windows?