Galletto for Toyota?

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Mods can shut this down if its not "proper" for the forum im not really sure.

Anyone know if there is a cable that works like a Galletto for toyota's or something similar?

Solution

Actually, the overlap is quite wide.
But a specialized thing like this is better addressed at a car forum.

It's a device allowing you to connect a laptop to the OBD port of a car to allow you to play with the car's ECU.

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Galletto 1260, some forums ban that word. Im not sure why I thought it was fancy ice cream, maybe some italiano slur... don't know.

Im using it on a 98 Denso ECM US spec. The galletto doesn't appear to have a driver written that I would feel comfortable testing, most are EU spec. Im trying to get inside this DME to modify the its functions.

USAFRet

Titan

An OBDII reader to talk to a laptop? Sure, why wouldn't there be one?
Now...to change settings may require a much more involved device.

USAFRet

Titan

A google search for "galletto" leads to Italian restaurants and an orthodontist.

"gelato" is Italian for ice cream.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelato

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

lol, im really not sure why some forums censor that word. Weird ones too that are not computer nor car related. The galletto can be used to dump maps from different ECU's into files that you can work with in WinOLS and TunerPRO. Its a cheap tool but does what it needs to, just doesn't have much support for US spec cars. Its a long shot but given that this is a computer forum I figured there may be some electrical whiz lurking around these corners that messes around with his or her cars.

USAFRet

Titan

Actually, the overlap is quite wide.
But a specialized thing like this is better addressed at a car forum.

Solution