Stuck on DVI NO SIGNAL screen with newly built PC

OkayFiber

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Ok i built a gaming PC and I'm practically finished with everything, Brand new build. just need to download software. So when I turned the PC on, everything powered up and fans are all working. Done with that, I plugged in the DVI cable to the monitor and the graphics card, plugged the power into the monitor, everything fine so far. Now I turn on the computer, the monitor DOES NOT turn on with it. So the computer is on, I turn the monitor on and it gives me the intro screen of the brand (asus) and then it goes black for a second and THEN it says "DVI NO SIGNAL." This is where I am TOTALLY stumped. The monitor doesn't turn on with the PC, the monitor doesn't give me the screen full of options (like what to boot from, etc.) I just turn the monitor on, intro screen, then "DVI NO SIGNAL." To attempt to fix this, I've:

Unplugged and re-plugged the graphics card (ASUS TURBO GEFORCE GTX 970)
-
Pulled the RAM and restarted everything, didn't work. Repositioned the RAM into different RAM slots, didn't work. Nothing with the RAM worked.
-
Unplugged my SSD and restarted. Didn't work.
-
Unplugged hard drive and restarted. Didn't work.
-
Tried using HDMI. Nope.
-
Tried plugging the DVI into the motherboard. Nope.

I tried a few other unnotable things as well. This is all to try to make the monitor pick up a video signal. The monitor acts as if there isn't any PC to go off of. And because of this, the options screen at the start up doesn't pop up, so I can't adjust any settings whatsoever. The monitor definitley works as I tried it with another computer. EVERYTHING seems perfectly normal EXCEPT THIS ONE THING.
-
PC Specs:
Graphics card-ASUS GEFORCE GTX 970 Turbo Series
CPU-Intel core i5 6600 LGA1151
Motherboard- ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING LGA1151 DDR4
RAM: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4
SSD: SATA III 6Gps
PSU: Thermaltake 750W GOLD
Hard Drive: 6 Gb/s SATA hard drive
DVD: ASUS SATA 24x

Monitor: ASUS VG248

I'm kind of desperate for help, everything with this new gaming PC seems fine except for this dumb problem. Can't download software or anything and can't configure settings because the monitor can't seem to detect this DVI cord. Please help my desperate and frustrated self

Dumb question??
Does your monitor have an input selection switch?
It might be physical, or on the on screen display.
Not all monitors will use auto detect for the signal.

Could the dvi cable be defective? Is it the same cable you tested with elsewhere?

OkayFiber

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

I will put the ram in the gray slots, I have only used the black ones so I guess I'll try that

jimmyEatWord

Respectable
Mar 10, 2016

if you put in a mobo speaker , it will beep beep beep if there's a fatal error , like a ram misconfiguration , but read your mobo's manual first for the ram configuration , it might not be just the color of the slots lol

OkayFiber

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

I apologize for the dumb question, I am pretty new to PC building and I probably should've added that
From what I can see it doesn't have any switch, unless one of the buttons on the monitor is a switch? I will test the DVI cable on another computer as well

OkayFiber

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Never mind. Found the switch, still couldn't detect the DVI cable when I set it to DVI. Tested the DVI on another monitor, said no signal still. I guess that means it's defective..?

OkayFiber

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Tried plugging in hdmi and set the configuration to hdmi, monitor still didn't pick it up. I'm very stumped

TRENDING THREADS