Having Problem Burning with Dell Inspiron 3521

Solution
Sounds like it needs to be retired, that repair cost is steep... Better to buy a new one w which all works

I saw the replacement drives cost about $50 still. GUess its a closed market, I expect they cost much less for desktop pc

The new laptop would have blue ray and still be supported by the maker, with new drivers too.

Hubert_4

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Hubert_4

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

I am able to read any disk but I will try to update my driver.

Hubert_4

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
[That's the problem, I tried to search for a solution but nothing. Maybe I should change completely my laptop as most of its parts don't work. I recently changed my battery, my Bluetooth don't work, my wifi stops working suddenly and now my CD drive stops burning. The warranty is still valid but when got to the local distributor and service agency they told me that these repairs do not form part of it and that i should pay. The price to repair it, makes 1/3 its buying price as new.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds like it needs to be retired, that repair cost is steep... Better to buy a new one w which all works

I saw the replacement drives cost about $50 still. GUess its a closed market, I expect they cost much less for desktop pc

The new laptop would have blue ray and still be supported by the maker, with new drivers too.

Solution