So right now my configuration is :
Intel core i7-4790K CPU 4.00ghz
motherboard : MSI Z97 Gaming 5 ATX
graphic card : nvidia geforce gtx 570
12 Go RAM
antec trupower 650
SSD PNY 250G
Window 10

So i had a budget of 250$ to upgrade my graphic card but i have been looking at some graphic card that could exploit the most potential of this new set up and I am not really sure if it would be good to just put a 100$ more just to be able to buy the gtx 970. Because i have been looking at some graphic card and i dont maybe i did a search wrong but dint find any that would give a huge boost for the price range i could get for this setup-

P.S if there missing information you can ask me to add what you need.

Its for gaming and i am playing on ark survival but low/normal setting

And sorry for my english i tried my best to be the most comprehensive i could be

The GTX 970 is a vary good card, I would personally save up for that, its a good bit faster then the GTX 960, and the 970 can match gtx 980 levels if you want to play with overclocking, the GTX 960 can't even get to a stock 970 level overclocked in most cases.

The only card from AMD I would recommend would a the R9 390x, as the R9 390 sometimes falls short of the GTX 970 and your consuming more power and you got to play with AMD's drivers which for some users can be a pain. The R9 380x usually falls short of the GTX 970, but dose match it some cases.

I would just get the GTX 970, you wont be disappointed with it! If you plan to record gaming play, Shadowplay or the Nvenc encoding on Nvidia cards is pretty good, you wont lose hardly any performance and you can record at 60fps and 50,000 bit rate.

The R9 380x I messed with had the black screen issue, RMA'd it and still had the issue, sent it back for a R9 390 and it was fine, it wasn't my system, but it was a common issue with the R9 380's, not sure if it still is.