Gaming monitor or tv?

Tomas_14

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm currently gaming on a 32' tv and I've been reading about gaming monitors. Considering I like to play games like gtav, skyrim, fallout 4 and open world games, should I upgrade to a monitor? I have a gtx 970 asus turbo 4gb for the gpu with an hdmi. The tv brand is RVGA.

Thanks in advance for all the answers!!

Solution
Of course depends on budget, but if improving gaming fidelity is something that's very important to you then a gaming monitor is the way to go. A Gsync for Nvidia or FreeSync monitor for AMD, though expensive, greatly enhances responsiveness and reproduces visuals most faithfully.

A 27" montor at 1440p sounds like a step down in size, but trust me it's so much easier on the eyes to look at that sitting closer isn't an issue. Sitting closer, and having the wider field-of-view of the 2k resolution, makes for a great experience.

And because 27" 1080p Gsync monitors and 1440p are so close in price, I would recommend going with the 2k resolution if investing that much in a monitor. The only issue I see is that a single 970 will not...

Geekwad

Admirable
Of course depends on budget, but if improving gaming fidelity is something that's very important to you then a gaming monitor is the way to go. A Gsync for Nvidia or FreeSync monitor for AMD, though expensive, greatly enhances responsiveness and reproduces visuals most faithfully.

A 27" montor at 1440p sounds like a step down in size, but trust me it's so much easier on the eyes to look at that sitting closer isn't an issue. Sitting closer, and having the wider field-of-view of the 2k resolution, makes for a great experience.

And because 27" 1080p Gsync monitors and 1440p are so close in price, I would recommend going with the 2k resolution if investing that much in a monitor. The only issue I see is that a single 970 will not be able to fully drive that at 120+ fps without some compromises. You could always display at 1080p on the monitor for a work-around, but eventually you'll want to at least add a second 970 to get the most out of the experience.

[/my_two_cents]

Solution