Cant enter BIOS- PLEASE HELP

klct555

Reputable
Feb 22, 2016
I just bought an ssd. i installed it then windows didnt detect it so i format it and everything now its working. so i decided to go into the bios to make my win10 boot off of the ssd then the hard drive as a secondary then i save and exit and turn my pc off to test the boot. i get a message saying change the boot device and when i kept restarting it it kept popping up. so i had to unplug the sata data on my ssd. not since its connected, win10 will boot off of the hdd. then i notice after i unplug it and turn it on it wont even give me an opportuinity to enter the bios windows automatically starts up; there is no logo of my mobo brand with controls on how to enter the bios under it. i still press the button that would let me enter but nothing happens but win10 starts up. so after that i plug in the ssd and now its not detected and it wont let me format it as if its not even installed in my system! NOW I CANT ENTER THE BIOS AND A USELESS BRAND NEW 250GB SSD I JUST GOT PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution
go to settings/update & Security/recovery/advanced start up. click restart now
One of the menus here will take you to UEFI
First, what brand computer do you have? I'm assuming this is a prebuilt if the motherboard doesn't have any information on it.

Second, did this computer come loaded with Windows 8?
A lot of manufactures will set their prebuilts to use the Windows 8 quick boot option in BIOS. The upside of this feature is it allows for the computer to boot very quickly in to Windows, the downside is it locks the user out of getting in to BIOS. The only way for this option to be disabled is to reset the BIOS to factory defaults. To do this usually requires a jumper or battery removal or both, however depending on the make of the motherboard this can take different steps (Dell for instance is a hassle).

klct555

Reputable
Feb 22, 2016
it is not prebuilt it is custom built as you see in my comment. and no, i loaded win7 when i first built it but then i accepted the offer for free win10

klct555

Reputable
Feb 22, 2016
ATTENTION: after taking out the ssd i was able to get into the bios but now that i have put the ssd back in, now it wants to work but now i cant access the bios...

Well that's embarrassing, I completely missed the build in the comment. Sorry about that.

There's nothing in the manual I could see that should prevent you from getting in to the BIOS. Is it shooting through the boot process too fast for the keypress to get acknowledged by BIOS?