computer gets random blue screens and will no longer install bootable windows 10

Franklin Johnson

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hello my pc has recently started having BSOD issues and will no longer install windows at all 7 8 and 10 the problem started before i upgraded a ram stick but that seemed to have made it worse and i can no longer determine the issue as the blue screens were random everytime and i can no longer boot into the desktop all hdd with data of the previous installation were wiped. while installing windows 10 it will sit at please wait after clicking install now i need help bad because all i have is my crappy laptop any help much appreciated.
AMD athlon x4 635
8 gb of pny ram
gtx 660
500 gb hdd
2 1tb hdd
700w psu

Colif

Win 11 Master
what is your problem with installing? Have you got a windows 10 install USB? (download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10)

I can't say I have seen installer say please wait after clicking install.

Hey there, Franklin!

Did you manage to see the error code of the BSOD? I'd suggest you find another computer to test the HDDs from your laptop. If you are trying to installing Windows onto it, make sure you disconnect the secondary drive. Otherwise, you are bound to encounter an OS confusion due to the two SATA drives connected.
I'd also suggest you consider a professional PC repair service where they will be able to perform full diagnostics on your system and find the source of the issue. Unfortunately, it could be hardware-related as well. :(

Keep us posted with the troubleshooting, though.
SuperSoph_WD

Franklin Johnson

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Sorry i meant after booting from the usb it ask to select language then click install now from there it will sit at "please wait" forever i have no clue why it does, this changed everything in the pc except for cpu and still getting errors i have no other cpu to try and not sure if that would solve problem thank you for quick response

Franklin Johnson

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Sadly no there is no error code just the name of the error i will be posting the errors but some are irql_not_less_or_equal
memory managment
system thread exception not handled (ntfs.sys)
and a few more that i cannot remember off the top of my head thank you for quick reply

Colif

Win 11 Master
I just realised you using a different laptop, was going to link to a program that can read the error logs.

From what I know, those errors are all normally driver related which seems odd on a fresh install.

The WD advice is probably a good choice, need to see if your hdd are still working fine. What brand are they?

You might azlso want to test that new ram: http://www.memtest86.com/

Franklin Johnson

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

I am not using a laptop i have already checked if the ram is good and the hard drives are good as well 2 toshiba 1 Seagate my friend is going to give me his copy of hirens bootdisk so it can run and check everything i will post results and if the results come out good then hopefully it can be fixed from here thank you for reply

Franklin Johnson

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
so hirens was no help at all but i did check the ram gpu mobo no errors came up ive been testing for a few days thats why i didnt post but i am unable to test the cpu to see if anything is broken i am buying a new cpu but this problem will still irritate me if theres anyone who still thinks there is anything that can help please post thank you