Solved

Anyone else noticed the Safely Eject Hardware icon missing?

I've only noticed it 'missing' in the last few days. Anyone got any ideas of how to get it back?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about noticed safely eject hardware icon missing
  1. Apart from the obvious: Put in a USB stick...

That is strange as I am sure it was there last week and I don't think I got any updates, it was first reported missing 4 days ago.

I couldn't tell as I always had a USB stick in.

Strange they removed it, must have got sick of people asking them why it was there, when it really acted a shortcut to the printers and devices menu if you didn't have one in.

Couldn't you change the settings for icons in that pop up box to always show it?

Found it: Settings/Account/Notifications
    click select which Icons appear on the taskbar

Scroll down, its called Windows explorer
  2. Yes, I had a usb drive in...

Said icon doesn't appear in the Turn System Icons On or Off, within Settings.

Oh well, I have something called USB Disk Ejector which does the same thing, I was just curious more than anything.
  3. i edited post, look at last three lines :)
  4. Best answer
    doh! i got link wrong

Its settings/System/Notifications, not that i typed above

So its Its settings/System/Notifications
    click select which Icons appear on the taskbar

Scroll down, its called Windows explorer

I really should have doublechecked it
  5. Ah! Good spotting...I'd never have seen that (especially with the printer icon!).

Cheers. :)
  6. i knew there was a way to edit what showed on taskbar but in Windows 7, the same menu is just right click start. Win 10 has to go hide it away... just had to look through articles about taskbar to find the right hiding spot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hardware