Price check for dated gaming machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptLang

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
:TLDR: at end
Looking to sell some parts from my pc, as I plan on upgrading when Zen comes out. Not necessarily to Zen, but I want to see benchmarks before I decide AMD or Intel. Current build has an old Phenom II 960T still running strong, at stock clocks. I did run it unlocked to the 1060T and OCed about 10% for about a week, and it was stable, just don't have a good cooler to keep the temps safe. Mobo is a GA-990FXA-UD3 with no I/O shield. 8GB set of Team Dark DDR3 1600. And a certainly aging, but still running strong MSI Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr II (Maybe III?) 2GB Edition. And a CX750M psu. Plan on keeping my HAF 932 unless I get a real good offer on it.

:TLDR:
I know not to expect much from the CPU/GPU/PSU, but hope the mother board will still bring a bit.

-Phenom II 960t confirmed stable unlocked to 1060t
-HD 6950 2GB DDR5 Twin Frozr
-8GB (2x4) Team Dark DDR3 1600
-Corsair CX750M

Solution
your gpu sells used for 50$ idk how someone got 225 from that
40-60 for the cpu isnt too far off
40 ish for the ram
60 for the motherboard

these are prices from what has recently sold on ebay which is even a bit high (sellers add fees to their price)
I feel like if you even only wanted $10 for your PSU that you'd still be cheating someone out of their money. Just stay away from the Corsair CX series.

$45 for the CPU, $225 for GPU, $35 for RAM, $110 for MOBO, don't even try to sell the PSU.

CptLang

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, I'll probably give the cx away for free to someone who buys another part, or convert it to a bench supply for small electronics projects, since it is kind of chinky. Didn't think I'd get that much for GPU, and what about the MOBO (edit: didn't see the $110, sounds fair) I'd like a couple more opinions for sure.

ZackL04

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I just sold a cx600 for $35 shipped, they are still worth something even though shipping stole $15 from that total. The CX series are good if your not using over %75 of its rated power

Also their is no way you will get over $100 for that 6950 from anyone with any knowledge of pc parts. $225 is ridiculous.

I would look at it like this:
$100 for GPU
$80 for CPU & Mobo together
$15 for memory (this can be bought new for 30-45 all day)
$45 for PSU

These would be prices with shipping included. This is some old tech man, cant expect to get much out of it anymore.

CptLang

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, I know it's old, and I knew anything over $100 is more than stretching for the gpu. I'd honestly prefer to sell the motherboard separate from the cpu, because it should still be worth a bit, since it's so new compared to the rest of the parts.

your gpu sells used for 50$ idk how someone got 225 from that
40-60 for the cpu isnt too far off
40 ish for the ram
60 for the motherboard

these are prices from what has recently sold on ebay which is even a bit high (sellers add fees to their price)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.