Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 but cannot adjust resolution to fit my monitor.

Geo 39

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Resolution was fine with Windows 7 but with Win 10 everything on my screen is stretched and cannot find a resolution that will fit !

Solution
I agree. I have used older screens without issues.

The settings are detected by the video card.

Please hold Start(the flag between your ant and control key) and press R.
This will bring up a run window.
Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
Select the > next to Display Adapters and see what kind of card it shows.

Example.
mwsf8l.jpg

You can take a screen shot by holding Start and pressing Print Screen. This will save an image under Documents -> Pictures -> Screenshots.

If you want to just capture the current window, hold Control(CTRL) and press print screen, this will place the current active window in the clipboard and you can them paste it in paint and save it to upload.

My...

Geo 39

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

It's been over a month and I have the updates turned on. When I go to resolutions it only gives me 2 choices the other 2 says resolution not supported so one fits the screen but everything is stretched and the other is too wide to fit .

You should list your system specs if you can.

At the very least your video card and monitor should help.

If your image is stretched over the edges(sometimes it instead leaves black all around the edges) of the screen(common on HDMI), You may have an overscan(underscan) issue. This is normally fixed in the video card drivers.

Geo 39

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Tried upgrading driver , but it says I have the latest . My solution = Being that my 18.5 " monitor is over 6 yrs old , I went to Amazon and ordered a 24" ACER widescreen ! I hope it will solve the problem . Will report on it next week when it arrives !

You can definitely use the monitor upgrade, but I don't think you've resolved your issue.
You could get much more useful information if you would provide more info. "It says I have the latest" could mean a bunch of different things, but I can't help you without knowing what sort of GPU you have and where you tried to get the update from.
My best guess is still that you don't have the proper driver installed. Perhaps for some reason Windows has not recognized your GPU and is still using a generic driver. You probably do have the latest version of the generic driver, but it won't help you.

I agree. I have used older screens without issues.

The settings are detected by the video card.

Please hold Start(the flag between your ant and control key) and press R.
This will bring up a run window.
Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
Select the > next to Display Adapters and see what kind of card it shows.

Example.
mwsf8l.jpg

You can take a screen shot by holding Start and pressing Print Screen. This will save an image under Documents -> Pictures -> Screenshots.

If you want to just capture the current window, hold Control(CTRL) and press print screen, this will place the current active window in the clipboard and you can them paste it in paint and save it to upload.

My brothers copy of 10 never found his video card drivers either(so back to 7 he went). It was simply not a good idea to use 10 without functional video drivers.

Solution