LG 24gm77 good for gaming and movies?

jimit_40000

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
I want to buy LG 24gm77!! I mainly do 50% gaming and 50% movies and watching TV!!

I mostly play fifa16, wwe2k16, Rise of tomb raider etc. types of games.

I just want fairly good colors like IPS panel. (I know this one is a TN panel). Please help me.

Solution

If a game does not support 21:9 the worst case scenarion is you play it with black bars on the sides and the result in like having a 23.5" 16:9 1920x1080px monitor. So AT WORST, you get what you would have with the monitors you were suggesting, so this is not really a counter-selling point.
However, there usually are fixes for such games this is the fix for FIFA16, whitch doies not support 21:9 natively
You cand find such fixes on that forum for almost any...

It depends on what diagonal, resolution and price range you want.

tom's guide is very helpful: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/top-best-computer-monitors,review-33059-4.html

jimit_40000

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
It depends on what diagonal, resolution and price range you want.

tom's guide is very helpful: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/top-best-computer-monitors,review-33059-4.html

I need 24 or 27 inch full HD monitor. Price range 350$(25000Inr). But mostly I need good colors only and no ghosting?

I like lg 24gm77 and LG 24mp88. Can u help me??
LG 24gm77 has TN panel and LG 24mp88 has IPS panel.

Please help me out!! I don't worry about refresh rate. But I do worry for input lag.

Don't get 27' full hd. The resolution is too low and you'll see pixels. For 1080p 24" is the sweet spot.
But i'm gonna do you one better: personally i'm totally for ultrawide. It's fantastic both for gaming and productivity. If you have an AMD card get the LG 29um67. I have that and it's fantastic. Not teh fastest, but the IPS panel is awesome. And it has FreeSync.
If you're on nvidia, i dont know of any 29" 21:9's IPS with g-sync, but you can get the AOC G2460PG.

jimit_40000

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Don't get 27' full hd. The resolution is too low and you'll see pixels. For 1080p 24" is the sweet spot.
But i'm gonna do you one better: personally i'm totally for ultrawide. It's fantastic both for gaming and productivity. If you have an AMD card get the LG 29um67. I have that and it's fantastic. Not teh fastest, but the IPS panel is awesome. And it has FreeSync.
If you're on nvidia, i dont know of any 29" 21:9's IPS with g-sync, but you can get the AOC G2460PG.

Yes mate I have AMD card. And I like LG 29um67. It is awesome. But sadly it is not available in India!!
Does costly TN panel has good color accuracy like average IPS panel??

Color accuracy can be close, but not quite. IPS is ips. Buy the LG from abroad. It's in your $350 budget with shipping included. You won't regret it and will never want to go go back to 16:9, TN or non-FreeSync/G-sync :)

Are you sure you don't get any warranty? That would be odd. Anyway, i for one would buy it regardless. Hmm, try to find it in korea. they might ship there and it is, after all, a korean comapny.

Why would you ever sit 8 feet away from your monitor?

jimit_40000

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Are you sure you don't get any warranty? That would be odd. Anyway, i for one would buy it regardless. Hmm, try to find it in korea. they might ship there and it is, after all, a korean comapny

Thanks mate. That's nice idea. But do u know any Korean site that ships internationally?. Becoz I m new on it.

I've no idea either. Honestly, i'd just get it from amazon. Personally i've never had to use a warranty on a monitor. And it shouldn't be void regardless from where you buy anyway. U'll just probably have to ship it back if anything happens.

None. i will never buy a monitor withour adaptive sync technology(Freesync in your case).

But out of those lg24mp88 bcuz it's IPS and its 24". Full hd is too low for 27"

jimit_40000

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I want to ask last think. Does fifa 16, wwe2k16 and rise of tomb raider supports 21:9 aspect ratio??

If a game does not support 21:9 the worst case scenarion is you play it with black bars on the sides and the result in like having a 23.5" 16:9 1920x1080px monitor. So AT WORST, you get what you would have with the monitors you were suggesting, so this is not really a counter-selling point.
However, there usually are fixes for such games this is the fix for FIFA16, whitch doies not support 21:9 natively
You cand find such fixes on that forum for almost any game(sadly, not wwe 2k16).

Rise of the tomb raider does support it, and future AAA games all will. The market is big enough that they have to support it from now on.

Solution