Soldering GDDR5 vram in a DDR3 card

Inkiad

Distinguished
As the title says. Is it possible to solder GDDR5 memory chips in a DDR3 card? The card in question is my old Gigabyte GV-R775OC-2GI. Which is a 7750 card.
I know 7750 supports GDDR5. But is it possible to upgrade the vram myself? The card resides in my fathers pc and i thought it would be a fun project. Nonetheless i don't want to brick the card.

Also where does the memory controller reside in the 7750(cape verde)? If its in the die itself then i think theoretically its possible.

No, not possible. You can't just "solder" the RAM, even if you could do a swap out of the memory chips directly, new RAM sits on a BGA array that connects under the chips, you can't reach that, and a soldering iron is abut 20 times larger than what you need to work with it.

Inkiad

Distinguished
I know i need a hot gun for this. And my friend can solder BGA chips who is studying bachelor in EEE. Question is will it work if i manage to swap the chip and then flash a new bios for the GDDR5 card?
I looked up the chip manufacturer, apparently they have another DDR3 chip which is pin compatible with mine, runs at 1000 Mhz compared to mines 800MHz. Looking for a GDDR5 chip.
Do all chips uses the same pin configuration?

I have never heard of anyone changing RAM on a card from one type to another. There may be people that were able to replace faulty RAM on the card themselves, but never did I run across someone going from DDR3 to DDR5.