Netflix Crashing my PC on brand new build

d1rty_

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2013
Hi there,

My PC: I7 6700k - Zotac GTX 980ti - Gskills 16gb RAM - Corsair CS750m PSU

I have a brand new build, running Windows 10. I'm having an issue whilst watching Netflix (Via Windows APP, chrome, firefox and edge), My PC will randomly crash, mostly the screen will go black, but sometimes white orange or green, and makes a noise I can best describe as the sound Transformers make when they... transform.

I have to hard reset my PC to get back into Windows. I can run games for hours on end and have never experienced a crash outside of Netflix. I assumed this was a driver issue so i've tried rolling back my graphics driver and reinstalling Silverlight, but the issue still persists.

One thing I will note: Whenever I log back in after a crash I get two beeps from the system tray as if 2 new devices were connected, but no message pops up in the tray or otherwise.

Solution
Try to find an error code or warning.

Open the Event Viewer logs and see what you can find.

Another way to look is to use WIN + R keys and type "perfmon /rel" in the Open box.

That will open a calendar listing of errors. Look for red circles and click. Should see details regarding the error. Match the error times to the Netflix crashes.

Ralston18

Titan
Try to find an error code or warning.

Open the Event Viewer logs and see what you can find.

Another way to look is to use WIN + R keys and type "perfmon /rel" in the Open box.

That will open a calendar listing of errors. Look for red circles and click. Should see details regarding the error. Match the error times to the Netflix crashes.

Solution

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Does the crash happen on all the methods you mentioned? Chrome does not use Silverlight but HTML5 so it might act differently. I'm not sure what the app uses but I've found it a little buggy and prone to crashing on my PC.

You could also try removing the graphics card and using onboard just as a test. If that works then it points to graphics drivers.