BSODs on fresh windows 10 install need help with troubleshooting.

TheMethodMan

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I just put together a computer and installed windows. Problem is I'm getting a lot of BSODs. I have run memtest86 and it returned no errors, I have made sure to update all the drivers for the system. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled windows once as well. Both times when installing windows I encountered a BSOD (Not good). I feel I am able to re create some of the BSODs by installing software. The two BSODs I have encountered the most are page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and attempted_write_to_readonly_memory. I'm thinking it might be the ssd? Any help is appreciated.

Relevant hardware: Asus z170-a, Intel i5 6600k, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 2133 ddr4, Samsung 850 evo.

TheMethodMan

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

On Sat 2016-04-09 17:55:20 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xA, 0x8, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2016-04-09 16:25:54 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040916-4234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!DrvUpdateGraphicsDeviceList+0x13A)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF801DF06000C, 0xFFFFE0017A9B5080, 0xFFFFF801DF05FEF0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kbase.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Base Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I have seemed to narrowed it down to the RAM like I previously didn't think was the problem. The system seems to work with one stick in but not both at the same time. I have tried one by it self and the other one by itself and both seem to work. Although as you can see in the most recent crash report that I still got a BSOD with one of the sticks. I have built many systems and have never had RAM compatibility problems before. All the RAM available in my local stores don't show up on the compatibility list for this motherboard. I have checked bios versions and the version on the motherboard is newer than the one where they added more ddr4 compatibility. Since this isn't my computer I have advised my friend to get the ram exchanged and maybe throw in some money to go to a 4x4gb kit that is on the compatibility list since the only compatible 8gb solution is a single stick. I am sorry about the limited crash reports as well since I have reinstalled windows on a different drive to check if it was the ssd that was faulty and then reinstalled it back onto the ssd when concluding that it was not the problem.

TheMethodMan

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016

He will be calling the store today to get it exchanged and we can only hope for the best. Thank you for the help.