Solved

Windows 10 Reset Failed...

I attempted to reset my Windows 10 laptop, but it only got to 5% completion before telling me it couldn't reset. I tried one more time but the same thing happened. It gave me the option to try to restart the computer, but now it won't boot into Windows. The laptop just restarts over and over again, is there anything I can do?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows reset failed
  1. If you don't have a system disc, you can call the manufacturer and ask them to send you one. This is assuming that the laptop came with Windows 10 already installed.
  2. from a working pc you can make windows iso boot usb stick. need to download windows media creation tool. then boot from it and use recovery tools from dos prompt.
  3. Martell1977 said:
    If you don't have a system disc, you can call the manufacturer and ask them to send you one. This is assuming that the laptop came with Windows 10 already installed.

It didn't, I upgraded from windows 7.
  4. smorizio said:
    from a working pc you can make windows iso boot usb stick. need to download windows media creation tool. then boot from it and use recovery tools from dos prompt.

I'll try that.
  5. blt54321 said:

You should be able to make a Windows 10 disc or bootable flash drive from the Windows 10 .iso here:
    www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
    you will likely have to sign in with your Microsoft account, but there are directions for making installation media.
  6. Martell1977 said:
    blt54321 said:

You should be able to make a Windows 10 disc or bootable flash drive from the Windows 10 .iso here:
    www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
    you will likely have to sign in with your Microsoft account, but there are directions for making installation media.

I made the USB and tried resetting, recovering, and repairing the PC using it, but of course none of that worked. So should I try to just reinstall windows using the USB, I don't have a serial to enter?
  7. Best answer
    You shouldn't need a license code, Windows 10 ties your motherboard and system info to your Microsoft account, so it should activate when you log in. If by chance it does ask for a code, try the Windows 7 code you had originally.
  8. Martell1977 said:
    You shouldn't need a license code, Windows 10 ties your motherboard and system info to your Microsoft account, so it should activate when you log in. If by chance it does ask for a code, try the Windows 7 code you had originally.

Ok ill try it, thank you.
  9. Martell1977 said:

it worked thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

System Restart Boot windows reset Laptops System Recovery windows 10