Windows task manager and start menu stop working

Id106

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
So for the past few days i've been having problems with the task manager, start menu and browsers for a while, i thought i had fixed it but has kept occurring. The only clue ive gotten is the couple of times it has bluescreened with a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on win32k.sys which also had an event id 243 in the event viewer on it. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

EDIT:I suddenly feel like it isnt a problem with windows 10 because i can force the issue by increasing the ammount of ram League of Legends is using(scrolling up and down in friendslist causes this which they should probably fix). I think ill try upping the ram usage some other way and seeing if it'll affect my computer the way that league does. If not im going to leave league of legends closed for a while and see if the error occurs again.

Solution
It seems to me that the problem is more internet(network) related than memory. Check the event viewer logs. I bet you are going to find some network errors. Also try disabling AIR (which i believe is drm) and play LOL to see what happens.

Id106

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
I have 8 gb. It looks like the problem is adobe air or the league client at this point though, I just ran fallout 4 and gta at the same time and the problem didnt occur.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
It seems to me that the problem is more internet(network) related than memory. Check the event viewer logs. I bet you are going to find some network errors. Also try disabling AIR (which i believe is drm) and play LOL to see what happens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS