Which cpu is better for gaming Intel® Core™2 Duo or Intel® Core™ i3

bnpifer

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Hello,
which cpu is better for gaming Intel® Core™2 Duo at 1.3GHz or Intel® Core™ i3 at 2.13GHz or the Intel® Pentium® at 2.2GHz

well for gaming skip the dual cores in a new build if you want a good mid level gaming PC get an Intel i5 750 PC at least if that's too high for the budget then you turn to the green team a mid level Amd quad core will be better then an i3 a core 2 duo and a crappy Pentium

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
The i3 would be the better CPU for gaming. Its newer and faster technology than the other two chips you mentioned and it also has hyperthreading so it appears to have 4 cores giving it better multi-tasking performance.

Are you upgrading or going for a new build? If so you should definitely go for the i3 since the LGA775 socket is now dead. If you're on a budget have you considered an AMD chip? They offer very good performance at great prices. You could probably get a chip that will outperform the i3 for about the same price.

bnpifer

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
I am shopping for a new laptop for my son who plays a lot of world of warcraft while chatting and listening to music. These are the cpu's being offered for the computers I am comparing. I am on strict budget of under $650 out the door.

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

Definitely go for the i3 then :)

TRENDING THREADS