The computer rebooted from a bugcheck

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
So my computer froze when it was starting up today and rebooted at startup. I looked at the records and found this:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff800e479d8b8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000000000a0)
I tried scanning for viruses and found nothing. However I did use ADWcleaner and when I first tried it it said SQLite3.dll couldn't be loaded, but subsequent usage of ADWcleaner did not bring up this message.

Solution
The thing with bsod is it may never happen again, its just an error, One bsod is nothing to worry about
If it happens again, go look at MSI site and see if new drivers, it can't hurt.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can try these steps: https://neosmart.net/wiki/0x0000001e-kmode-exception-not-handled/

Fix 1: their way into safe mode won't work in win 10
you need to go through settings/update & security/Recovery/Advanced start up - press restart now
from next menu go troubleshoot
Advanced settings
start up settings
press 4, 5 or 6 will take you to safe mode

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

I have managed to start the computer several times without needing to use safe mode. I have also tried the memory checker and it found nothing. I also tried sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r and they found nothing wrong. I checked and there is no drivers that need updating.
I noticed that when I started up the computer after the first error, the Intel Rapid Storage wasn't working. I have had some problems with it in the past. Could it be related?

Colif

Win 11 Master
STOP 0x0000001E or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction, often the result of invalid memory and access violations caused by faulty drivers or hardware devices. The error message often identifies the offending driver or device. If the error occurred immediately after installing a driver or service, try disabling or removing the new addition.

I am not getting anywhere finding a common cause. Everything leads me back to the things we already done.

Download and run this: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will look at the error log and might point out the driver that caused this, but usually it points at parts of windows.

Paste results in here.

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

Here is what it said:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 4/10/2016 3:25:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041016-36218-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: syntp.sys (SynTP+0x3D8B8)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800E479D8B8, 0x0, 0xA0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\syntp.sys
product: Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
company: Synaptics Incorporated
description: Synaptics Touchpad Win64 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: syntp.sys (Synaptics Touchpad Win64 Driver, Synaptics Incorporated).
Google query: Synaptics Incorporated KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

On Sun 4/10/2016 3:25:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: syntp.sys (SynTP+0x3D8B8)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800E479D8B8, 0x0, 0xA0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\syntp.sys
product: Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
company: Synaptics Incorporated
description: Synaptics Touchpad Win64 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: syntp.sys (Synaptics Touchpad Win64 Driver, Synaptics Incorporated).
Google query: Synaptics Incorporated KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

syntp.sys (Synaptics Touchpad Win64 Driver, Synaptics Incorporated)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

MSI.

But here's the problem: why did it happen during the startup? Why did it only happen once? Why is my touchpad working just fine?

MadDemon64

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015

Well I searched and according to the drivers page I have the most up to date version. But thanks if this happens again I will try reinstalling it.

CaptainShark98

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

You tagged this as solved. How did you solve this. I am having the same problem with my PC.