Multiple questions regarding my Samsung Evo 850. Please help!

ACKenway

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I just installed a Samsung Evo 850 SSD into my laptop (Windows 10) and since I'm not very tech savvy, I was hoping someone could answer the following questions for me regarding my SSD.

General Question:

1) While browsing old threads and forums about data and OS migration/cloning from an HDD to SSD, I came across a post on reddit where a user suggested entering the following into the command prompt after cloning: "fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0". I'm not really sure what this does, but I did it because it had a lot of upvotes and someone claimed it extends the lifespan of the SSD. Given I would have never done this had I not read the thread that post was on, are there other things I should do/be aware of in order to further extend the lifespan of my SSD?

Samsung Magician Questions:

2) When I use performance benchmark to test the performance of my Evo 850, the Benchmark Results seem to fluctuate.

Results after several tests (OS Optimization = Advanced and I'm running RAPID Mode):
The Sequential Read would go from 500 upwards to 2000, the Sequential Write would range from 500-1000, Random Read 20,000 to 80,000, and Random Write from 20,000 to 60,000.
Should I be concerned?

3) In OS Optimization, the Current status was set to "Advanced" by default. I've tried changing it to "Maximum Performance" several times, but it won't change. Why won't it change and does it matter?

4) Should I enable any of the "Data Security Mode" things? (ie. Class 0, TCG Opal, or Encrypted Drive)

5) Which is better? RAID or RAPID Mode? I read that it depends on what I'm doing with my SSD, so in my case, I'm using it primarily to play games and stream videos.

It would be extremely helpful if you could denote which number question you're answering. Thanks in advance!

huvik

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
4. I don't have any enabled
5. raid is if you have more than one SSD and want to combine them. rapid is suppose to increase performance of a single drive, I have mine enabled.

ACKenway

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014

Thanks! :)