How would I go about water cooling this build?

GeekStories

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
So first off this is my build:
cpu - AMD FX-6300 Six Core @ 3.5 Ghz
gpu - AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB
motherboard - ASUSTeK M5A97 R2.0
psu - 700W
ram - 8GB DDR3
case - Zalman Z3 plus

I would like to know how I could water cool this build, in fact any information would be useful.
Thanks in advance!

No sense in water cooling that thing since you're better off selling the chip+mobo and getting an i5 rig (which won't need water cooling)

If you must use that for some reason:
1) You'll need a larger AIO for CPU alone or ~360mm total radiator space for CPU+GPU using a custom cooler
2) You'll need to overclock that CPU to ~5GHz for that CPU to keep up with the 390

GeekStories

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

Hmm. Alright. Well, I've put most of my money and time in to this and it runs everything I want it too at the moment. So I don't really want to be swapping and changing more parts, I just generally want to lower temps as my current cooling is all stock that came with the parts I bought.. So how about better air cooling or even water blocks? Or what are some decent fans/air cooling I could use,

Thanks for the water cooling advice though. I will take it in to consideration for future builds!

Spending more than $30 would be a very bad idea since that thing will always be CPU limited in modern games. Like sair above, the 212evo is your best bet simply because you can get is for ~$25

GeekStories

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

I'll take a look in to it, getting that I might need to get a new case too.

Also, cpu limited? In what way? Because I'm handling games such as fallout 4 and gtav and the new Tomb Raider on ultra settings at 60fps, 1080p (You probably mean something different though, as you can probably tell I'm still new to this) :lol:

Thanks for the help though!! :)

Try BF4 in a 64 person server and you'll see what I mean. Just because you average 60fps doesn't mean you keep 60fps, especially not in gta V when explosions happen!

GeekStories

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

I played BF4 perfectly fine on a bottle necked pc (before the motherboard upgrade) on a server half that size!
But I'll download it again and test it out and see what you mean, maybe, if I can find a server that big from where I am located :p
And I'll also do the same with GTAV, lots of explosions and see what happens!

But I may just go with that cooler.. Maybe. I'll have to do some research first for dimensions as its really tall compared to my case.