Will my setup support a second monitor? Which one would be good?

Forest5592

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Hi all,

I have a quick question that is beyond my expertise regarding the potential purchase of a second monitor for my set-up.

I use my PC 90% of the time for gaming, and so have been keen on the idea of a second screen, that would become my primary screen for playing games. My existing screen would become the second, which I would use for other things whilst gaming (web browsing/voice comms programs/recording software etc).

Firstly, based on my spec (listed below) can my PC comfortably handle 2 screens? And secondly, can anyone recommend a screen for me to suit the following criteria: Good quality (HD), 23/24" screen size, preferably under £200, but could go up to £250 or around, better than my existing screen. (which I have had since 2010).

ALSO: One issue I have been having since I got my GTX 970 is screen flickering, especially during gaming, which enabling Vsync doesn't seem to fix. I think it may be related to the screen refresh rate (although I'm not sure), so this may be something that can be solved with a new monitor as well?

PC Spec:
Monitor: Digimate/DGM 23" L2362WD
CPU: Intel i5 (3ghz approx)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 Strix
Ram: 8GB Kingston
SSD: 512GB
PSU: Corsair 850W

Anything else I can find out if necessary :)

Appreciate your help!!

Forest5592

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

Ok that's good to hear, I guess the only issue I need to ensure I fix now is the screen flickering (it's a bit of a strain on the eyes).

I'll do some research on the screen you linked as Amazon doesn't provide the response time for the screen.

Thanks for your help and any other suggestions are welcome!

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015

the cable connecting the computer to the monitor could be damaged, try using a diffrent cable.