Appraisal: Clevo P151EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiemal1

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Hi guys.

Thinking about potentially selling my beloved laptop, I've had this for about 4 years now and have given it a number of upgrades along the way. I'm curious how much I could sell it for, to see if I could get a new model without hopefully spending too much money. It has;

CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM
GPU: GTX 970M 6GB GDDR5 (this was an upgrade by me)
Mem: 16 GB of DDR3 memory at 1600 mhz
HDD: one 120 GB Hynix mSATA SSD, and one 500 GB 7200 RPM hard disk (SSD was an upgrade)
Screen: 15.6" 1920x1080 matte screen, one dead pixel in the lower left hand corner, and is hardly noticeable when using the laptop, but otherwise in perfect condition
Oh, and the wireless card is an Intel Advanced N-6235.

Cosmetically, the laptop is in pretty good condition. No big scratches on the back or on the screen, but there is some wear on the keyboard and where you rest your palms when you're typing. There's also one missing screw on the back of the laptop, but it has no bearing on the structural stability of it. No missing keys or anything major.

Overall the laptop is in near perfect condition other than the dead pixel and the internal wear.

I've taken very good care of this laptop, changed the paste to MX-2 and have switched out some of the thermal pads on the GPU with fujipoly ones. Also cleaned out the fans every so often to prevent thermal issues.

Solution
Maybe $600-700. The trouble with it is that clevo/sager laptops have no resale value at all compared to name brand products as they are more of a niche product, you need to really know what they are to want to buy them. I have had mine on both craigslist, here and ebay for the last 3 months without any interest. Many of my friends and forum members i know on this site and others report having issues finding buyers as well.

It would probably be best to just keep it and then buy a new one. as it is very unlikely that you would get a sale unless you price it really low. People these days dont want to pay a lot for gaming laptops.

Purpletalon55

Respectable
Apr 2, 2016
Maybe $600-700. The trouble with it is that clevo/sager laptops have no resale value at all compared to name brand products as they are more of a niche product, you need to really know what they are to want to buy them. I have had mine on both craigslist, here and ebay for the last 3 months without any interest. Many of my friends and forum members i know on this site and others report having issues finding buyers as well.

It would probably be best to just keep it and then buy a new one. as it is very unlikely that you would get a sale unless you price it really low. People these days dont want to pay a lot for gaming laptops.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.