Windows Keeps Crashing, USBs disconnecting? Please Help!!

416Tricks

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

Got what seems as a common problem on the forums, but the fixes I have tried haven't worked. So I am reaching out here.

PROBLEM

Windows 10 freezes while watching online videos like YouTube (5-10 times a week), or occasionally when playing games. What happens is the audio slows and starts to buzz before cutting out, and at the same time the video picture goes into slow motion before freezing. Then I get pop ups in the corner that I have unplugged an audio device. Keyboard becomes unresponsive and same as the mouse. This forces me to do a hard restart on my PC, everything is back to normal afterwards.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

1) Reinstalled my audio and video drivers after completely removing all traces of them. - DIDN'T WORK

2) Remove my PCI drivers and reinstalled after completely removing all traces of them. - DIDN'T WORK

3) Replaced my 2 AMD R9 270x GPUs with a new MSI GeForce 970 4G Gaming. Removed all AMD drivers and replaced with new Nvidia ones. - DIDN'T WORK

4) Replaced my motherboard with a brand new one. - DIDN'T WORK

5) Completely reformatted my hard drives, and reinstalled my original Windows 7 64-bit. - DIDN'T WORK

SYSTEM SPECS

AMD FX-8350 Vishera
MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7692)
8 GB DDR3 Hyper-X Black
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Gaming

I am not sure what else to do, this is very frustrating. i have searched the forums and tired many things. The fact that I went from Windows 10 back to Windows 7 and started fresh... must mean it is a hardware problem no? But the fact that the audio device is being "disconnected" makes me think perhaps its a USB problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Strange freezing video problem, I have seen this on my Windows 7 laptop. It may sound like this could not help but check your modem and router. After rebooting them, check that the firmware is updated for the router and modem if applicable, then you could reset all settings to default and setup the router again. Is your desktop using a wifi connection? If so try a wired connection to the router and test the video stream again. Also be sure the browser is updated and any add-ons are disabled that could affect the video stream.